05 June, 2007

Bottom time, finally

I knew it had been awhile since I'd been diving, but 5 years is far too long!

While visiting Om-Taromeet last week in parched S. Florida I finally got to go diving after a long dry spell of my own. I've been diving since I was very young and this had been the longest I'd been out of the water. Very sad. I've always believed that my being born human is a bit of a cosmic joke because I am so much more at home in the water.

Last week I was even blessed with flat seas, good visibility, and mild current (we drift dive where I come from). I used to work on dive boats and had suffered my fair share of divers returning to the sport. I was actually a little nervous heading to the dock. Just because you flash an instructor's c-card doesn't mean you're not a total muppet. I am happy to report, at least in regards to diving, I am not a muppet. Seeing the sharks, eels, and turtles (1 Hawksbill, 1 Green, and several gigantic Loggerheads with heads like bowling balls) was like visiting old friends. I just had to write something because I am still blissed about it. No more long dry spells from here on out. It's bad for my gills.

Salaam.

No comments: