07 February, 2009

St. Jerome Ventures From Cave

Lest you think I am all work and no play... I went downtown with friends to enjoy an all-you-can-eat sugared cereal fueled cartoon fest this morning at our local indie cinema. I pretty much ate my own body weight in Froot Loops, Honeycombs, Lucky Charms and the like, though I did eat a bowl of Alphabits for the educational value. Most of the cartoons were from the later years of my childhood, so I hope in the future they'll plumb the depths of television history. I was denied a chance to see Thundar the Barbarian and that show's apocalyptic opening sequence that I loved freaking out to every week as a kid (the moon cracks in HALF people!). And, who knew how much sexual subtext is in those shows, or at least how much could be pulled out by a theater full of sugar-addled adults.

Best of all, they let you carry off the leftover boxes, so our house is now three boxes richer. And mine came with a toy! A little regression can be a good thing. Now if I could just find some protein to counteract the eventual blood sugar crash....

Salaam.

No comments: